I posted this on stackoverflow, but didn't really get the response I
was looking for....

Hi everyone,
I know naming conventions for tables used by plugins generally start
with the name of the plugin and then the model pluralized. For example
lets say I had a plugin called Poll, with a model also called PollPoll
and another model called PollTag then the resulting table names would
be poll_polls and poll_tags. They would also have a habtm relationship
so what is the convention for that table name? I believe it would
poll_poll_polls_poll_tags, although it is a little redundant it makes
sense since the first poll_ represents the name of the plugin, while
poll_polls and poll_tags relates to the models.

Also have any naming conventions changed for plugins in 1.3? Is the
above stated correct? Thanks!

By the way,  just to make this clear, no other models would really
access this plugin's tables, which would make it suitable as a
plugin.
their CakePHP related questions.