(This is more of an overall programming / PHP question than Cake ..
but it will ultimately be built in Cake, and this community kicks ass
so I figured I would throw it out there)

Hello everyone. Here is the challenge I am working on:

I want to build a system that would allow you to control the redirect
location of one domain, via a front-end interface of another domain,
dynamically.

Example:

I own www.secondarydomain.com, which is going to point to different
places every so often.

I want to build an app on www.maindomain.com that would have an
interface that allows you to change where www.fakedomain.com points.

I want to also dynamically be able to dictate that 
www.secondarydomain.com/newtarget
goes somewhere different.

It seems to me, that there would be a way to set the DNS in
secondarydomain's registrar to maindomain.com's server, and then
maindomain.com would read the URL, checks it against a database, and
redirects it accordingly. I guess the struggle I can't figure out is
the connection between pointing a DNS at maindomain and allowing it to
redirect it.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. Any help is much appreciated!

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with 
their CakePHP related questions.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"CakePHP" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected] For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Reply via email to