beforeFilter() isn't a constructor. Its just a normal method, which is
used as a callback.

You should never overwrite the constructor as it has important code.
That's what the callbacks are for, to define custom code to not
conflict.

Also, this has nothing really to do with PHP 4 or 5, its a
architecture setup.

On Feb 3, 11:37 pm, Okto Silaban <o...@silaban.net> wrote:
> Can I refere to a complete documentation how can I work with strict
> PHP5 on CakePHP?
>
> For example : Can I remove beforeFilter() and use __construct() instead ?

their CakePHP related questions.