Can you explain better what is your solution.
I explain better my situation:

Model :
Group: (HABTM User)
User:(HABTM:Group)
Document

I have to manage permissions to access to documents.
Some users can modify some documents , some users can only read some
documents(I must also register when a user reads a documents ), some
users can't read some documents.

To manage this is better have a HABTM relation between User and
Document with a "permission" field (and with a "date_when_read"
field)  ( more simple but I have to use more and more space).

or use ACL (very very complex to use in this situation(I have to
manage also that a user can belong to many groups) and but it uses
less space)

or exist another method to use (a best pattern)?

Write all your experience about this because I think that is one of
the big problem when project a web application
Many Thanks
On 10 Feb, 12:53, anler <anle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you aking how find the allowed docs or how to paginate this result
> (or both)?
>
> I did something similar once but with a different approach, since I
> was working with
> 'resources' instead of documents, I listed the resources and the
> option 'access info'
> to show the permits for that resource (this way used less db queries)
>
> On Feb 10, 12:41 pm, "marco.rizze...@gmail.com"
>
> <marco.rizze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I have this question:
> > I use ACL for manage the access to documents by users.
> > Now I must display a list of all documents that are accessible by the
> > logged user.
> > This list must be paginated.
> > I have no idea about how to do this and I think to abandon the ACL and
> > manage the permits with a big table with all relations (HABTM) between
> > users and documents.
> > I would ask if someone has any idea about this.
> > Many Thanks

their CakePHP related questions.