That should not be a Cake 1.2.6 problem but a php 5.3 problem. (or
even possibly 5.2.10 or something)

I had this error notice way before 1.2.6... and the fix is exactly
what you paste... to set the default timezone so that php is happy.
One small problem is that the PHP manual lists a lot of timezones you
can set that PHP doesn't actually support :)

/Martin

On Feb 17, 8:56 pm, Selino <seli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :PHP Warning:  strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's
> timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting
> or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of
> those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles'
> for '-8.0/no DST' instead in C:\xampp\htdocs\cake_1_2\cake\libs
> \cache.php on line 429:
>
> I only get this when I try to use bake in a new cakephp 1.2.6 app. If
> I run bake in the default app folder (the one that comes with the cake
> build) it does this. If I run bake from my old 1.2.5 project (cake_1_2/
> myapp) it works fine.
>
> Is anyone else having this issue with CakePHP 1.2.6 projects?
>
> It's not a PHP problem because then it would be consistent with any
> time functions I tried.

their CakePHP related questions.