I think I may finally need to go AJAX, just looking for some
confirmation.

I have 2 controllers, models, views, etc called People and Tasks.

I already have all the individual vews put together and working fine
but I would like to be able to put up a single web page that shows the
People table on the left and the Tasks table on the right.

Each table has it's own pagination links at the bottom of the table
and I need for the user to be able to individually page each table.

For example user may be on page 3 of People table and on page 7 of
Tasks table.

Is this what Ajax is all about getting done?

Also which controller would I pull these requests together in? A 3rd
controller that makes requests to the People and Tasks controllers for
them to render the appropriate action?

Can this sort of display be done (albeit kludgy) without Ajax too?

I apologize in advance if this is abvious.

their CakePHP related questions.