I apologize for asking, but I can't seem to get this working despite
some googling.  I just installed cakephp on a subdirectory on my xampp
development server, and am attempting to go through the IBM tutorial
here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/tutorials/os-php-cake1/index.html
to give myself a feel for it. However, when I try to process the form
at http://127.0.0.1/cakephp/users/register from the third page of the
tutorial, I get a 404 error that apache can't find my page at
http://127.0.0.1/users/register.  I assume this means that there's a
trick to installing on a subdomain that I haven't found, though I
suppose it's also possible that something about the tutorial is simply
outdated.  Any help would be appreciated.

their CakePHP related questions.