Make a small script that will give you the php information:

[code]
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
[/code]

Then look for the Apache configuration, find the row named "Loaded
Modules" and in the adjoining cell, find mod_rewrite.
If it is there, you have mod_rewrite available to you!
Enjoy
   John

On Mar 11, 7:45 am, sooraj francis <soorajfran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I am new to cakephp. I am using apache version _2.2.15. i dont have
> access to to the htdocs. Is there any way i enable the mod reewrite
> option with in  our cakephp application using .htaccess. How i can
> know whether mod_rewrite is enabled.

their CakePHP related questions.