I'm working on a site that's going to let people vote on submissions.
To encourage interaction I want to let anonymous users vote, but I
still want to limit unique visitors to one vote. I know I won't be
able ensure 100% adherence unless I require some sort of login, but
allowing for this what should I check to see if a person has already
voted?

Is 1 vote/ip address good enough? Is there anything else should I log/
track to prevent 1 person from voting multiple times (knowing full
well that since it's open voting I can't stop every scenario)?

their CakePHP related questions.