Hi, I'm new in using cakephp
I'm trying to create a simple search form for user table (namely
people),where I input the id, and then a page displaying the result will
show up...Here's I've come up with:

CREATE TABLE  `people` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` varchar(30) NOT NULL,
  `pob` varchar(25) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
)
in search.ctp
<?
        echo $form->create('Person', array('action'=>'search'));
        echo $form->input('id', array('type'=>'text'));
        echo $form->end('Save');

?>

in people_controller.php
function search() {
                if(!empty($this->data)) {
                        $data =
$this->Person->find('all',array('conditions'=>array('id'=>$this->data['Person']['id'])));
                        $this->set('res',$data);

$this->redirect(array('controller'=>'people','action'=>'process'));

function process() {}

in process.ctp
<?
        echo $res;
?>
when I key in the id in search.ctp and hit save button, the error message
displays :
Notice (8): Undefined variable: res [APP\views\persons\process.ctp, line 5]

In search function I set the query result to a variable named res, and
redirect to another controller action, which is process..From what I've read
in the manual, putting set method is the way we pass data to the view so I
think it should be ok, but the res variable is not recognized in process.ctp
view...
Thanks in advance...