On Apr 6, 10:06 am, Ayman Bedair <ayma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My CakePHP app is getting very slow... Although the debug give me
> "(default) 79 queries took 24 ms"

79 queries is a lot. Even if each of those queries took 0ms (and
returned nothing) it'll cost you approximately 2ms per query - which
is not insignificant. Of course, if 78 of those queries are describes,
and there's only 1 'real' query you don't need to worry about them.

> the pages takes about 8 to 10
> seconds to load. Other script running on the same server are
> performing well, even empty pages on this same application is still
> too slow in querying pages even if the autoRender is set to false. so
> it has nothing to do with the HTML and Images !! :(
>
> I thought it's with the mobile device detection I had there but that
> runs in the App Controller beforeFilter() function so it should be
> running on empty pages too !!!
>
> Is there a way i can debug that parts that makes all this delay ?!

Install debug kit ( http://github.com/cakephp/debug_kit ) and look at
the timer tab to get a broad idea of where most of your time goes

set debug to 0 to get more accurate timer info.

AND

set debug to 0 and profile (http://xdebug.org/docs/profiler + e.g.
http://code.google.com/p/webgrind/) to see /exactly/ into which
functions your time is going.

Do not profile with debug > 0 as what you'll get will be inaccurate to
the point of pointless.

Use the results to know where to focus your efforts. Bear in mind that
if it's slow only because of some debug > 0 process you may not need
to do anything.

hth,

AD

their CakePHP related questions.