Hi i'm very new to cake so be gentle!

Was hoping some one could point me in the right direction. I have
built a form which collects data and inserts into database, one of the
fields checks if that name already exists and throws an error and then
offers alternate names based on the one they input, now it works fine
but I would like to do this checking as the user is filling out the
form so the page doesn't have to refresh. Is there an easy way to do
this with cake? or what are the best methods to use. Any help would be
grateful.

Thanks

James

their CakePHP related questions.