Hello (help!!!),

I had to rename a table in my database. I was able to specify the
useTable in my model so there was no significant knock-on from this
change.

But, my unit tests won't recognize the new table name during table
creation. I can see in the SQL dump that the old table has been
created (per Inflector:pluralize), and from the error...

"Database table test_suite_datums for model Datum was not found."

... I can see that simpleTest knows what the table name should be
(datums is the new useTable... replacing the default data--which
conflicts with Cake). I have tried emptying cache, writing a custom
inflection, and I have tried putting in undocumented members--ie
useTable--in the fixture. But, I can't seem to solve this problem, and
now none of my tests can run since this fixture is instantiated for
all test cases.

Any suggestions? I have seen similar problems to this which were never
solved:

http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/fedca8aff44d9a4f/9040989b8f883180?lnk=gst&q=fixture+usetable#9040989b8f883180

I am pulling my hair out. I'd prefer not rename the model entirely.
There must be a clean way to make the fixture recognize the Model
useTable.

Thanks

their CakePHP related questions.