Hello,

I'm wondering how best to define the models for users with roles,
where I want to save a different set of data for each role.  Plus,
there will be relationships between the roles.  For example, there is
user type student and user type teacher, where a teacher have many
students.  Both type of users have some similar methods and attributes
(e.g. can log into the system, both attend school during the same
academic year), but each also have its own unique attributes and
functions.

Currently I'm trying to set teacher and students as an extension of
the User model, but I found some hassle in bringing up each role's
data, for example after login.

Should they be totally separate models? but then how to handle the
login?

I didn't find enough info by googling, but perhaps i entered the wrong
term?  If this have been discussed in this group before, please point
me in the right direction.

Iqbal S.

their CakePHP related questions.