Thank you for your help Sergei. It really helpfull.

I use this validation in many controllers, thats why I wrote component
for it.
I have too much urls in my project, where last parameter is  a digit -
unsigned int. And I need to validate it and show error message to user
if parameter is wrong.

I don't know better way to validate it :(

On Apr 14, 4:01 am, Sergei <yatse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dmitry,
>
> don't think, look at the source :)
>
> updateAll is exactly the answer. Your validation routine seems too
> heavy for one number. And you don't have to create a component to
> validate some data manually. You can always validate in controller.
>
> On Apr 14, 12:15 am, Dmitry Shevchenko <dmitr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sergei
> > I think updateAll didn't sanitize data
> > -http://book.cakephp.org/view/75/Saving-Your-Data