I haven't been able to figure out why I'm getting
Undefined property: View::$Session [APP/views/layouts/default.ctp,
line 43]

I've got the the line
  var $components = array('Acl', 'Auth', 'Session');
in app_controller.php which is stored in app/ not app/controllers/.

The line causing the error is
<?php echo $this->Session->flash(); ?>
in default.ctp

Baring an overlooked typo (and I've copy/pasted most from the
tutorial), my code is a match for the tutorial code.

I've searched around the various Session entries in the 1.3 Collection
Manual including the notes in the migration section. I've even poked
into the source a bit but this only helps me solve problems about 50%
of the time.

In general, I'm struggling to understand how all the layers of
function fold together in OOP and the exact syntax that's appropriate
in each context. I expect that once I've gotten on top of that, the
solution to this error will be self evident.

Until then, a little help please.

Don

their CakePHP related questions.