Has anyone done something like declaring cake's constants in a
javascript file for use in all javascript files created for the app? I
keep wondering what approach I should take for things like a path that
might change depending on where the app is installed. Should I just
set a variable to APP and serve the javascript file blended with php
so that I can access it in other included javascript files? How does
everyone else do it?

their CakePHP related questions.