Hi there,

I need my cakephp application to support multiple clients. This means,
that people from company A have their very own data, and people from
company B have a completely different set of data. Think of it as an
issue management application: every company has their own software
applications, their own staff, their own administrators that use the
same web based application, but need a company-specific set of data.

I think the best option would be to specify different databases -
database A for company A right down to database Z for company Z. This
could make it easy to host databases on different servers - e.g. if a
company for security reasons wants to host the mysql data in their
company, or if there are so many companys that one DB server just is
not enough.

How would I do this with cakephp?

--> define a table clients that contains information on the client
including which host and which database he wants to use

--> user has client_id ; means user database would be the same for
everyone; better ideas?

--> use the specific database, e.g. the model "issues" for user A from
company A is tied to database "company_A".

Any ideas on how to make that work?

All the best,
Heidi.

their CakePHP related questions.