I just updated to 1.3 stable from RC4 yesterday and I've been having the
same exact problem (amongst a few others) ever since.

I have to toy with it some more but it seems to only happen when passing
data into the controller action. As soon as the action sees $this->data
it dies. Even debug($this->data) causes it to fail.

I'm still toying with it and I'll re-post if I come up with anything worth
while. In the meantime it would be great to know if anyone had the same
problem and how they resolved it 8-)

- Ed