Just to be sure make sure your config for the Auth component in the
 AppController looks something like this:

class AppController extends Controller
{
var $components = array('Auth');
}

By the looks of it you may also want to change your security salt and
cipherSeed in App/Config/Core.php

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe that using the console to bake your
app will randomly generate these values for you.

- Ed