While that may be your FTP user's full path, it most likely isn't your
server's full path. Try putting a file in webroot with the line:
echo __FILE__;

For example, putting that line in a file called path.php will probably
give you /full/path/to/app/webroot/path.php rather than just /app/
webroot/path.php.