Sorry for the noise. I found what I was doing wrong.
I was calling the Model->validates() before tweaking another fields
data (whose errors were shown up).
Now I call the Model->validates() immediately before the Model->save()
and now it's working as expected.

Cheers.

On 3 jun, 11:54, Roland Pish <rolandp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
> I need to do this validation in a field in a controller:
>
> $this->Model->set($this->data);
> if ($this->Model->validates(array('fieldList' =>
> array('some_field')))) {
>
>   // code to create other fields and send an email
>
> }
>
> Then (as it nothing happened above) I call $this->Model->save($this->data);
> as a normal call with the whole validation process executed
>
> again (by save method).
>
> But after save method call, errors from other fields are showing up.
>
> What I need is only perform the validation of "some_field" to execute
> some code, and then continue to the save method performing again the
> whole validation, but as mentioned above, errors from other fields are
> showing up and not validating.
>
> What should be the correct way to achieve what I want?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards

their CakePHP related questions.