What do you mean the cookie stops working? Are you not able to store
new cookie data or just forgetting the old data stored before changing
the cookie name? If it's the latter, that's normal. If you were saving
information in $_COOKIE['cakephp'] before, and then you tell CakePHP
to get that information from $_COOKIE['goodprg'], then naturally it
won't find the old information. That is the expected behavior.

On Jun 3, 4:50 am, FandaR <fandarem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have problem with cookies. If I rename the cookie to some name,
> for example I set Configure::write('Session.cookie', 'goodprg'); in
> core.php config file, The cookies stops working.
> I have setup  Configure::write('Session.save', 'cake');
> If I setup the cookies back to original name -
> Configure::write('Session.cookie', 'cakephp');
> Then its working good. What can be wrong?

their CakePHP related questions.