LOL, the CakePHP community is a developers community. If you ask us
for recommendations, (aside from CakeDC, as gmansilla mentioned)
people are going to recommend that you go with them or their own firm.
This isn't like the Magento community, where a lot of the members are
end-users rather than developers (though most of the community edition
users are still generally developers).

CakePHP is pretty easy to work with, so unless you have a highly
complex project, any company which has a few CakePHP CRUD sites in
their portfolio will do. I'd be more focused on cost, overall web
development experience, design ability, and (if it matters to you)
whether they are local (if you live in a big city like LA, NYC,
Chicago, etc.).

And is there a reason why you're looking specifically at Cake? I mean,
if I were going to contract someone to develop a web site/app for me,
I wouldn't care which framework they used. I would find the best
designer/developer in general, and let them choose which framework
they want to develop the site with.

On Jun 2, 1:30 pm, NS <newstartuph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a list of CakePHP development firms? We are looking to engage
> with one for a project and would like to get recommendation from the
> community here.

their CakePHP related questions.