Have you tried to use another name for the logfile? For example
"trace".
I am assuming that there may be a conflict between CakePHP using the
debug file and you wanting to do it at the same time, which may
explain why you can write to the debug.log file when CakePHP is not
debugging :)
Enjoy,
   John

On Jun 11, 3:32 pm, heratech <shamsuddi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I upgraded to Cakephp 1.3.1 and I am now on 1.3.2-on both versions I
> am having problems when logging (using either
> CakeLog::write('debug', 'Something did not work') or $this-
>
> >log("Something did not work!", 'debug'); ).
>
> Setup:
> PHP Version 5.3.1
> Xampp installed to opt
> Ubuntu 10.04 x64
>
> Permissions are all fine because it logs when debug = 0.
>
> Please help!
>
> Regards,
> heratech

their CakePHP related questions.