So I have searched for this, but the cookbook does not help me with my
problem.

I have been trying to write functions in my models that use the
query() function that updates some HABTM tables

i have copied many pieces of code to try and make this happen but have
had no luck. I have tried

$results = $this->query();
$results = $this->Model->query();
$this->query();
$this->Model->query();

What am I doing wrong, is it just not possible to do this in model
code, must I put all calls to the query function in the controller?

Thank you for your help,

Matt

their CakePHP related questions.