I've been trying to speed up stuff with my web app recently. I thought
it'd be useful to start caching some of the images, css and js files
for offline usage and that my help in getting the thing to run faster.

I've created the following Cache Mainfest file for test:

------ FILE STARTS HERE ------
CACHE MANIFEST
# V1.8
/css/jquery_ui_lightness/jquery_ui.css
/js/ajax_uploader.js
/css/jquery_ui_lightness/images/ui-bg_gloss-wave_45_e14f1c_500x100.png
/img/power_button.png

NETWORK:
index.php
index.html
index.htm
/requests
/requests/
------ FILE END HERE ------

Now what happens is that the cache works perfectly and all the files
required to be cached are there for offline usage, but the browsers
seems to be caching the files under the NETWORK section.

So if I go to http://mydaomin.com/requests

the browser would cache "/requests/" page which gives a weird outdated
stuff when the page is revisited again. I've been trying to play
around with the Network pages and tries to use wildcards in there but
the results is the same. When i use firefox "about:cache" call I get
the requested URL's page in there for offline usage even if it was
listed under Network

Any suggestions on how to bypass those ?!

their CakePHP related questions.