sounds like a nice idea
that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish
maybe you want to give it a try and publish it somewhere

i always wanted to set up a "sandbox" cakeapp with some similar stuff
never had the time though for such little goodies

so if you lack the webspace i could offer you the url
"sandbox.dereuromark.de" for your "sandbox"
just write me an email

advantage for you:
after doing so, you pretty much know everything there is to know about
those conventions and stuff
and from someone new to cake like you if might cover some
"interesting" points of view that we wouldn't think of maybe.

we will probably find other tools we could develope as well

On 21 Jul., 14:29, Anthony <anthony.c.fra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a site that would allow you to enter a word or two
> (something you'd use for a table name) and then spits out a list of
> the inflections and where each one should be used (ie: the
> corresponding file name, URL, object name, etc) following cake naming
> conventions?  Or if you enter two give you the habtm key field names
> and joining table name?
>
> I can see something like this being really useful for new cake users
> like myself.  Not that I haven't picked it up fairly easy but there
> are still places where I simply guess which inflection to use then
> change it when things "don't work".
>
> The conventions page does a good job of explaining but interactive =
> better ;)

their CakePHP related questions.