Hi Cricket,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, we will be upgrading the app but its not scheduled for this round
of work (I'm still learning my around cake).

WRT to my initial question - thanks again.  The reason that I have
created a dummy model is to apply validation against those fields.
However, that validation is not being applied and my question is how
do I get cake to validate the data against the dummy model as well as
the 'real' User model.

The 'User' Model validation works but the 'Formextra' doesn't.

Thnx
P_G

their CakePHP related questions.