hi everyone,

sth is bugging me.

i have a div "title". is a user clicks on that div, a css popup opens
with a textarea for entering information. after the user entered the
information it is passed to a function in my controller "processtitle"
so it can be rendered in the div "title" with ajax.

so the information will be shown without loading the whole page. but i
am having problem passing the entered information to my function: this
is my code

my view:

this is the css popup with the textarea:

        <form id="popup_title" method="post" action="" accept-
charset="utf-8">

                        <textarea name="data[abc][notes]" id="notes_title"
style="width:
105%" ></textarea>

                        <button onClick="refreshtitle()"
type="button">OK</button>
                        <?php
                        echo $form->end();
                        ?>
        </form>

so i iam calling the JS function refreshtitle()

function refreshtitle(){

        $
('#title_content').fadeOut('slow').load('processtitle').fadeIn('slow');
    $('#fade , .popup_block').fadeOut(function() {
        $('#fade, a.close').remove();  //fade them both out
    });

}

and i am calling my controller funtion processtitle

    function processtitle()
    {
        $input_title = $this->data['abc']['notes'];
        $this->Session->write('abc.title', $input_title);
        $this->set('abc_title', strip_tags($this->Session-
>read('abc.title')));
        $this->render('render_title','ajax');
    }

now i am thinking the problem is, that $input_title has no data in
here, since "data['Linkable']['notes']" is not passed.

if i simply put an echo "test" in the rendered view "render_title"
this string is shown. so that tells me the process is working. but its
not showing echo $abc_title, the variable i set.

so how can I pass the value from my textarea over javascipt to my
controller?

thx sooooo much :)

their CakePHP related questions.