Hi,
I have an application build with CakePHP 1.2.6. I downloaded CakePHP
1.2.8 and then I replaced the current cake folder with the new cake
folder, where all paths are kept without change. However, the cake
does not able to work with the new 1.2.8.

In other word: my cake 1.2.6 library was found in /home/myuser/www/
cake at which there are 3 folders and two files with the following
structure:
app, cake, vendors, index.php and README

The new 1.2.8 has been copied to the same path with the same folder
structure, but It does not work and give out the following error
message:
Warning: include(cake/bootstrap.php) [function.include]: failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in...
Fatal error: CakePHP core could not be found. Check the value of
CAKE_CORE_INCLUDE_PATH in APP/webroot/index.php. It should point to
the directory containing your /cake core directory and your /vendors
root directory. in...