Hey all,

I've looked through pretty much every menu tutorial out there for cakephp
and have sat for ages to try and think up how I can achieve this but to no
avail.

I have a semi-complex database structure of establishments (restaurants,
hotels etc).

Province -> Region -> Suburb -> Establishment

as well as

Category -> Subcategory -> Establishment

Now the user needs to be able to select the province from the list, have it
show the regions under that province, then the suburbs, then a list of
subcategories under that province that contain establishments. I can handle
the fetching the data (eg how to pull out the list using containable etc)
but it's the starting foundation I'm having problems figuring out. IT will
be done in ajax but the actual ajax part I could probably do myself.

I would like to have the menu also build itself from the page that the user
is on (eg the user can browse around the menu in itself but if he also goes
to the a related page (eg suburbs/view/cape-town) then the menu should know
where the user is)

I honestly can't think of even where I should start here. Building a menu is
simple in plain php with simple relationships but it's getting pretty tricky
with all the extra levels.

Does anyone have any advice on a starting point which I could work with...
I'm trying to make it extendable in the sense that I don't want to hard code
anything.

I'm starting to think it may be better off to handle the menu separately in
a menu model and update the menu on each of the related models afterSave(),
etc callback but that seems a bit unnecessary as it would just be duplicated
data.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

their CakePHP related questions.