My friend brought to my attention that the system time and the PHP
time may not be the same. So if I am setting something using PHP time
and the system time is 8 hours ahead, it could automatically be
expiring when being set.

I have yet to test this theory but I will let you know what I find.

On Sep 21, 3:31 pm, Miles J <mileswjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> -w keeps saying that memcache is doing a get before each set, so it
> keeps throwing a miss.
>
> On Sep 21, 3:05 pm, Andy Gale <a...@salgo.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM, j.blotus <j.blo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I recently set up memcached as well, it's too bad that it doesn't give
> > > you a great idea of how things are working behind the scenes.
>
> > Run memcached with the -vv option and it will tell you exactly what's going
> > on.
>
> > --
> > Andy Galehttp://andy-gale.comhttp://twitter.com/andygale

their CakePHP related questions.