Alright, so I got it to work by including the html helper as well as
the ratings helper in my controller. However, I now receive the
following error:

Undefined variable: item [APP/views/posts/home.ctp, line 23]

I'm calling the helper in my view in this way:

echo $this->Rating->display(array(
                                                'item' => $post['Post']['id'],
                                                'type' => 'radio',
                                                'stars' => 5,
                                                'value' => $item['rating'],
                                                'createForm' => array('url' =>
array($this->passedArgs, 'rate'
=> $item['id'], 'redirect' => true))));

I'm trying to allow rating of entries in my "post" model. Do I need to
change the $item['rating'] to something else?

Eric

On Sep 26, 8:22 pm, Eric Anderson <andersoneric...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently trying to use CakeDC's ratings plugin, found
> here:http://github.com/CakeDC/ratings/tree/
>
> However, after following the instructions I get the following error:
>
> Fatal error: Class 'HtmlHelper' not found in /Applications/XAMPP/
> xamppfiles/htdocs/photorious/app/plugins/ratings/views/helpers/
> rating.php on line 20
>
> For some reason the helper cannot find the Html helper which it
> extends. Does anyone have any insight on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric

their CakePHP related questions.