Hi guys!

I'm very new to cakephp and i'm working on my first cake project and i
would really appreciate if someone can point me in the right
direction!

the basic structure of my models:

model->variant->price

model (id, name)
variant (id, name, model_id)
price (id,price,model_id, variant_id)

i'm trying to create a car site

For example, there are 3 models and each model has a couple of
variants and each variant has its own price

models => BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, Golf GTi

variants => BMW 3 Series -> 2.0, 3.0, 4.0
                   Audi A4 -> 5.0, 6.0
                   Golf Gti -> 2.0, 4.0

prices => BMW 3 Series -> 2.0 -> 20000
                BMW 3 Series -> 3.0 -> 30000
                BMW 3 Series -> 4.0 -> 40000
                Audi A4 -> 5.0 -> 30000
                Audi A4 -> 6.0 -> 40000
                Golf Gti -> 2.0 -> 24000
                Golf GTi -> 4.0 -> 29000

my question is how can i calculate the max and min price of each
model? For example, on the model index page, i want to display the
price range of BMW 3 series, eg, BMW 3 Series ($20000 - $40000)?

I can do this in sql by selecting the MAX and MIN value of the prices,
joining the price and model tables and group by the model, so how can
i do this is cakephp?

thanks in advance

their CakePHP related questions.