Hello All,

This is my first message to this list and I'm beginner using CakePHP.

I have a question that I guess is a simple question but till now I didn't
find the answer on the internet forums.

I'm using pagination component to paginate the result of one search page I
created, the problem is when I navigated to next or previous page I lost the
search string data.

I found some solutions at internet, the first one is using the Session
component, I've implemented this solution and it's working fine... but I
found some threads on cake forums saying this is not the best way to solve
it. Then I found this page saying to add the paginate option as params in
the paginate links to include the options in the URL using GET.

Is this the best solution ?

Then I added on my view the follow line:

$paginator->options(array('url'=>$this->passedArgs));

Now the params are added in the links, and I changed the search form method
to get to add the search string in the URL, the problem is the GET method is
adding the value like that:

?param=value (the default get)

instead of

/controller/method/param:value

and the pagination component/helper doesn't add this kind of params in the
links.

How can I change my form tag to pass the args in the CakePHP format ?

I'm creating the search form:

    echo $form->create("Aluno",array('action' => 'index', 'type' => 'get'));
    echo $form->input("procurar", array('label' => 'Nome do aluno', 'value'
=> ''));
    echo $form->end("Localizar");

Thanks advance,

--