On Oct 24, 11:13 pm, Tom <tast...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Day 3 on using CakePhp and I like it. But I am running into the
> problem with generating static pages.
>
> I have an about page represented by about.ctp
>
> The page will render and will execute this php code:
>
> <?php $this->set("title_for_layout", "My Title"); ?>
>
> But If I add any other html in this file nothing shows up.
>
> What am I missing here?

set debug in config/core.php to > 0 and correct the error you're
adding to the view file. if you still see a blank page check your
apache log for errors. the missing piece of the puzzle is simply the
parse/fundamental error you're adding to the view which is halting
php.

hth,

AD

their CakePHP related questions.