Ok this might be hard to explain.

Picture a single form that has multiple selects.

Each select belongs to a section_id so it can range between 1 -5 in its id
value. A Section has many Options and Options belong To Section

Each section_id has many options so to make it clear to understand

Section 1 you can select values of 0-5

Section 2 selects can select options 6 - 10

Section 3 can select say options 11 - 15

So the form has

Select1  | Select1 | Select1

Select2  | Select2 | Select2

Select3  | Select3 | Select3

Now comes validation I need to ensure that the values were not changed buy
firebug so someone tries to save a Select3 option as a value in Select2.make
sense?

So when validating select1 its only valid if it contains values 0-5. I am
currently doing a foreach thru the submitted array and checking with

foreach ( $data['UsersOption'] as $key => $value) {

//cached data sets of $section_id for each section

//so this gets all options available to choose from for the section

$valid_options = $this->Option->__getOptionList( $value['section_id'] );

if ( !in_array( $key, $valid_options ) ) {

//if not in list specific to the section remove key

unset( $data['UsersOption'][$key] );

I know its rather hard to understand but maybe someone would know if there
is a better way?

Thanks,

Dave

their CakePHP related questions.