I am in need of a search function and I have found the CakeDC plugin and a
few other how to articles, but my problem with the DC plugin which seems the
best is that I have 1 field => search so user can enter in anything and then
search multiple tables for that data.

Where I seem to be stumped is someone enters "china" as a search term the
data / records associated with "china" would be country_id => 56 not "china"
so I would have to first find from Country where name LIKE $term to get the
id then pass that to the search right?

And the search field can accept multiple terms so it could be anything
china, toys, spaghetti, bikinins. Finding records where im simply checking
the Post.description for $terms is fine and easy enough, it's the relation
_id's where I seem to be stumped.

Any insight or what you may have done / would do would be great.

Thanks,

Dave

their CakePHP related questions.