Perhaps in other language but in Spanish sometimes is complicated name
a field with short words, jejejej.

Yes the Answer is changing the columname for  a shorter name or
changing the model name for a shorter, too.

with the ModelName +___+ fieldName the max length support is 63.

Thanks for the answer cricket !!!

On 17 nov, 19:09, cricket <zijn.digi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:27 PM, gabrielr <gabriel.gurodrig...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I Found that the PostgreSQL   pg_field_name() function truncate the
> > field Name, because cake add alias to that field. I Don't know if the
> > answer is naming my model's class with a short name.
>
> > Somebody can help me with this problem?
>
> > Please !!!!
>
> Column names that long seem like a sign of poor database design.
>
> ALTER TABLE ... RENAME COLUMN ...
>
> I know, I know, you said you can't change it.Your other option is to
> boost NAMEDATALEN in src/include/postgres_ext.h, dump your
> database(s), re-compile, and re-load. Note, though, that increasing
> NAMEDATALEN incurs a heavy performance hit. See here before doing
> that:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hack...@postgresql.org/msg16216.html
>
> Starting to look like changing the column names is a better bet, eh?

their CakePHP related questions.