Of course. I just find it odd that there isn't a direct answer in
CakePHP. After all, everything CakePHP does is something there is
already a solution for in PHP. Especially since they've gone to the
trouble of creating two major pieces of the puzzle.

When working within a framework, I try not to go outside that
framework too much to bring other stuff in.

On Dec 3, 11:39 am, ryandesign <google-2...@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> PHP has several ways to generate XML already.... SimpleXML for
> example. Wouldn't using one of those methods be sufficient?
>
> On Dec 3, 9:34 am, DragonFlyEye <dragonflyey...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I need to send SOAP requests to UPS for shipping info. As such, I need
> > to create an XML "file" that can be sent to them, the results of which
> > being obviously the thing my audience cares about. The problem is that
> > I would have thought there was some utility for generating XML, but
> > that doesn't appear to be the case. There is a helper to output XML to

their CakePHP related questions.