My controller is here:

class UsersController extends AppController
{

        var $name = 'Users';

    var $helpers = array('Html', 'Form' );

    function register()
        {
                  if (!empty($this->data))
                  {
                                if ($this->User->save($this->data))
                                {
                                  $this->Session->setFlash('Your registration
information was
accepted.');

Do I add this in?:

var $components = array('Auth');

or can I add into   var $helpers = array('Html', 'Form',
'Auth' );    ?

Sorry my password validation is here:

'password' => array(
                        'notEmpty' => array(
                                'rule' => 'notEmpty',
                                'message' => 'This field cannot be blank.',
                                'last' => true,
                        ),

***

and no, I didn't get any error, the only problem was the validation
for password can't be triggered after I used the code I posted from
the first post (NEW). After editing back to my (OLD) code it works
fine now except with no HASHING and AUTO-LOGIN feature.

Can you point me to AUTO-LOGIN coding ? how should I go about? I'm
still not done with hashing yet, as I'm not sure how to use AUTH
component.

On Dec 20, 3:10 am, cricket <zijn.digi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 2:07 AM, John Maxim <goog...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What are Auth component ?
>
> http://book.cakephp.org/view/1250/Authentication
>
> Just note that Auth will hash your password for you, so there's no
> need to cal md5().
>
> > My validation rules are here:
>
> There's no password validation there. What, exactly, is the problem
> you're seeing? Could you post the validation rules?

their CakePHP related questions.