On Dec 20, 2010, at 01:23, Sam Rae wrote:

> I'm having trouble with the bake process on Mac OS X, running XAMPP.
>
> The bake process works fine (it takes me through all the questions and
> steps and detects things from my database correctly) but it just
> doesn't write the files to disk.
>
> For example, it says:
>
> Creating file /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/MusicDB/app/tests/
> fixtures/publisher_fixture.php
> Wrote /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/MusicDB/app/tests/fixtures/
> publisher_fixture.php
>
> … but the files do not actually exist.
>
> I have permissions to write to the destination directories, so I'm not
> quite sure what's going on.

You're not able to bake anything at all, or just this file?

Does the directory
(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/MusicDB/app/tests/fixtures/) exist? If
not, make it.

Make sure ownership and permissions are also correct on every directory leading
up to that one.

When I set up my first CakePHP project, I had trouble with the tmp directory.
Since I knew CakePHP would write temporary files there in the course of serving
the web site, I changed the ownership of the tmp directory to the web server
user, but this turned out not to be the right thing to do since it prevented
bake from working, since bake wants to write files there as well and is running
as me, not as the web server user. In the end, I changed the tmp directory's
ownership back to me, and just set its permissions wide open. Once I publish
this site to a production web server, I'll probably set it back the way I had
it initially, since I won't need to bake anything on the production server.

their CakePHP related questions.