On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:01 PM, mikeottinger <mikeottin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing this value using a line like $this->log($created); I'm
> pretty certain it's more than just formatting because the output of
> the sorting looked wrong.

It's definitely formatting. A MySQL date column shouldn't look like
that. Something somewhere is formatting the date or you've got
formatted strings in the DB itself. Probably the reason the sorting is
wrong is that it's a string, not a date.

Check the DB directly (from terminal if possible). Use DESCRIBE to
check the table columns. If the dates all look good then check the
data Cake returns. Use die(debug($data)).

Also, what does the SQL query look like?

their CakePHP related questions.