If I have two possible solutions, one solution requires me to go
through some code line by line and figure out what is happening, and
it will take longer because the comments don't say much, and the other
solution is a plugin that also needs some modification but it comes
with a wiki, detailed and clear comments, a blog that explains in
further detail and also provides an example... if this is the
situation, then solution one is way too complicated for me. I have a
low pain threshold.