"but obviously you've already managed to mix your environment's data"
that was before I wrote my little addons :)

wrong! i do have different salts.
i just use a specific config_private (as explained somewhere in this
article) which
overrides the defaults.
this is the only file that is actually unique per setting.
this way you have clean default values and you can override them in
the config_private
i do that with the salt, with my email configuration as well as the
google key or whatever.

in the long run it saves me a lot of trouble you might run into having
multiple files
to take care of.
i only have one (!) for each app (the config_private)

both the config.php and the config_private.php are NOT in svn/git -
all other files, though, are.

way cleaner than any other approach, in my opinion.

On 24 Dez., 09:31, AD7six <andydawso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> PS I don't understand this
>
> "you can also see that i use a special prefix for testing .."
>
> but obviously you've already managed to mix your environment's data -
> so surely you recognise the weakness in the technique.
>
> AD

their CakePHP related questions.