On Dec 25, 2010, at 12:56, huoxito wrote:

> I'm trying to set my database as good as possible. What do you mean by
> removing htaccess support? wouldn't my app lose pretty urls if I do that?

.htaccess files are convenient during development because you can change them
without needing to restart the web server every time. But it takes Apache some
time to locate and process .htaccess files on every request. To improve
performance, turn of .htaccess file processing in httpd.conf, and move the
definitions that were in the .htaccess files directly into the httpd.conf. I'm
sure Google can find you more information about this topic, which is not
specific to CakePHP (or even to PHP) but is a general Apache performance tuning
topic.

their CakePHP related questions.