On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Dave Maharaj <m...@davemaharaj.com> wrote:
> Ok well if someFunction is getting the $id of being asked and the conditions
> are getting the record where $id = Model.id and Model.user_id = Auth then is
> that not checking? How is that different than read id then compare the data?
>
> If there is no "match" with id and auth nothing is pulled correct... but
> just forget the question all together I only added somefunction as a way to
> represent me getting the $data it was not meant to be picked into parts and
> turned into a huge deal. Just assume its either getting a record or not, was
> what it was supposed to be not if auth id record are you using contain
> caching queries 100 other million possibilities.
>
> And I was asking how YOU YOU do it...put a snip of how YOU OR ANYONE OUT
> THERE DOES IT. That was all. I thought it seemed pretty easy to ask "how do
> you" I'm not asking if my way is correct as in "I have no clue please show
> me how to tie my shoes"...im asking let me see how you do it so I can see
> your way. Nothing to do with functions data records. Code.... how its
> writted down. Step 1 you do what...step 2 then what......

I explained how I do it. I don't bother passing the User.id at all.
However, in your case, User hasMany Record, so you're passing
Record.id I don't have any handy examples of that but have weighed in
on howI would do it. Which is what I understood you were asking. No
need to shout.

their CakePHP related questions.