I am facing an issue about 'id' field in the regular *
localhost/project/comments/edit/5* structure.

Let's say I have 5 fields for comment, all are validated as 'non empty'
through model.
While editing one comment I put one field blank.
On submitting the form, naturally it gives me error (coming from model)
saying 'nonempty'.
Without entering anything in that field, I hit submit again, now I face the
issue. What happens this time is that 'id' field from the url is now gone, (
*localhost/project/comments/edit/*) and there is a new entry in database.
(ideally it should update though).

What might be the error?

their CakePHP related questions.