Hi,
I have a requirement in one of my models. One of the fields is
dependent on the autoincrement id so it has to be updated after the
row has been saved in the database. Something like this

<?php
class SomeModel extends AppModel
{
       //override the default save function
       function save ( $data = null )
       {
              $r = parent::save($data);
              if ( $r ) {
                    $this->saveField('some_field_name', 'some_value');
               }
               return $r;
?>
This saves the data correctly but crashes my apache server as an added
bonus.

If i however remove the saveField line. It saves but does not update
the field i want updated (obviously!). And the server does not crash.

Now if id did this instead,
<?php
class SomeModel extends AppModel
{
       //override the default save function
       function save ( $data = null )
       {
              $r = parent::save($data);
              if ( $r ) {
                    $data['some_field_name'] = 'some_value';
                    return parent->save($data);
?>
It works without issues. I just have a feeling it might be more
demanding on the server.
So Community, any thoughts?...

their CakePHP related questions.